Eminent Leadership Scholar Award 2021
Sponsored by Elsevier and the University of Mississippi
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 7, 2021***
We invite nominations for the 2021 Network of Leadership Scholars (NLS) Eminent Leadership Scholar Award, sponsored by Elsevier and the University of Mississippi. Nominations are due May 7, 2021.
Each year NLS, Elsevier, and the University of Mississippi honor a scholar with the Eminent Leadership Scholar Award. This award recognizes a senior scholar whose work best reflects the mission of NLS to advance interdisciplinary dialogue and discussion regarding the study and practice of leadership. This award includes a USD$500 honorarium.
- The nominee must have completed his or her PhD (or finished his or her training/education) at least 20 years ago.
- The nominee should have an outstanding body of work that has made a substantial and original contribution to the field of leadership studies
- The nominee should have contributed to the discipline in ways that complement his or her scholarship (e.g., editorial board service, service as an elected representative for the Academy or other professional organizations, mentoring of outstanding students in the field).
- Eminent Leadership Scholar Award committee members and previous winners of this award are not eligible.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- A 1 page single spaced letter describing the nominee’s career evolution providing a strong case for his/her contribution to the leadership field. This can include some of the following points:
- Number of years since receiving the PhD (must be at least 20 years).
- Important and novel research questions in the area of leadership addressed.
- Integrated leadership-related career progression.
- Leadership-related publications in top-tier journals.
- Overall citations and other indices of research productivity.
- Publications with students.
- Service to the field
(e.g., editorial board memberships, conference leadership positions).
- Teaching accomplishments in the area of leadership.
- Work addressing the research-practice gap.
- The nominee’s curriculum vita.
- Materials must be emailed to the committee chair:
Donna Chrobot-Mason email@example.com
The 2021 committee consists of 4 members: Donna Chrobot-Mason (Chair), Peter Harms, Robert Lord, and Craig Pearce.
The NLS board, in conjunction with the Chair, invites committee members with the intent of ensuring a representative committee (in terms of seniority, interdisciplinarity, multiple nationalities, and sex). The role of the Chair is to guide the Committee through its decision and work with the NLS Awards Coordinator (Karen Landay, firstname.lastname@example.org) in organizing the process.
Deadlines and Timeline
- Materials due May 7th, 2021.
- Award winner will be notified by June 1st, 2021.
- Award will be conferred in Fall 2021.
NLS Awards Coordinator
University of Missouri-Kansas City